Terms And Conditions
Crystal Coast Vacation Package Giveaway Terms And Conditions
OFFICIAL RULES: CRYSTAL COAST EMAIL VACATION GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN PRIZES. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
“Crystal Coast Email Vacation Giveaway” (“Promotion”) is sponsored by Carteret County Tourism Development Authority, 3409 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC 28557 (“Sponsor”). The Promotion is governed by these official rules. By participating in the Promotion, each entrant agrees to and accepts these official rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, including all eligibility requirements, and understands that the results of the Promotion are final in all respects. The Promotion is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND ON THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE ENTRIES RECEIVED.
- Description of Promotion/Participation. Eligible participants can enter the Promotion by submitting his or her contact information on either of the two (2) digital kiosk guest books at the Crystal Coast Tourism Welcome Centers. By participating in the Promotion, you have the chance to win a Crystal Coast vacation getaway for two (2) including items listed in detail in Section 2, below). NOTE: Promotion is ongoing, with different giveaway packages to be outlined and offered approximately once per three-month promotional period. Prizes and their corresponding brands are not affiliated with Carteret County Tourism Development Authority, nor are they official sponsors.
- Dates of Promotion. The Crystal Coast Email Vacation Giveaway officially begins at 9:00:01 AM ET Thursday, June 1, 2017. The giveaway ends at 11:59 PM ET Thursday, August 31, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Promotion Periods will then restart on September 1, 2017, with a new giveaway package and a winner selected three months later. This series of Promotion Periods continues until the Sponsor removes the Promotion from the Welcome Center kiosks and a final Winner is notified. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS TYPE OF PROMOTION. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE ODDS OF WINNING.
- How to Enter. Eligible participants can enter the Promotion by submitting his or her first name, last name, and email address on either of the two (2) digital kiosk guest books at the Crystal Coast Tourism Welcome Centers (3409 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC OR 8401 Emerald Drive, Emerald Isle, NC)
Selected winners will be announced no later than fourth months following the start date of each Promotion Period. Winners need not be present to win. Sponsor will notify the prizewinners by using the email address provided in the giveaway submission.
- Prizes:One (1) winner will be randomly selected at the conclusion of each Promotion Period. Details of each getaway package will be listed on the digital kiosk guest book at both Crystal Coast Tourism Welcome Centers. Current Promotion details (through August 31, 2017):
2 Nights at the Inn at Pine Knoll Shores with Breakfast for 2 Each Day at the Clam Digger Restaurant – Estimated retail value: $450
$100 Gift Certificate to Bistro By The Sea – Estimated retail value: $100
$20 Gift Certificate to Banks Grill – Estimated retail value: $20
2 Passes to the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores – Estimated retail value: $24
North Carolina Seafood Festival Package (1 XL hooded long sleeve tee, 1 LG short sleeve tee and a bottle koozie) – Estimated retail value: $91
Prizes are not transferable, redeemable for cash or exchangeable for any other prize. All prizes must be claimed via confirmation with Sponsor on social media within 48 hours of notice of winning. If a winner cannot be contacted, does not claim the prize, or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner or not to award that winner’s prize, at its sole discretion. All prizes subject to change at the sole discretion of Sponsors.
Transportation to and from getaway lodging, food and incidental expenses while on vacation, transaction fees, and any applicable occupancy taxes are not included. All amounts are represented in U.S. dollars unless otherwise stated.
- Eligibility and Limitations. Participants and winner(s) must be U.S. residents at least 18 years old as determined by the Sponsor. Employees of the Sponsor and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
- Publicity and Use of Personal Information. By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsor exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other promotions and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Promotion, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Sponsor may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Promotion to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
- Release. By participating in the Promotion, each participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against the Sponsor, its employees and agents, the Promotion’s sponsors and their respective employees and agents, for any personal injury or loss which may occur from the conduct of, or participation in, the Promotion, or from the use of any prize. In order to receive a prize, participants must sign an official waiver form provided by the Sponsor.
- Taxes. Any valuation of the prize(s) stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize which is not specifically provided for in the official rules. Each winner must provide the Sponsor with a valid driver’s license or valid photo identification via an Official Passport or military ID, and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over $600 in prizes from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
- Conduct and Decisions. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. If during the promotion any entrant submits content about the promotion or the Sponsor that contains hate speech or attacks on an individual, is a scam or spam, contains nudity, pornography, violence, or sexually-explicit content will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Promotion and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Promotion is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Promotion, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion.
ANY ATTEMPT BY A ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS PROMOTION, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Miscellaneous. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, amend the rules or discontinue the Promotion at any time. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Promotion. For a copy of the rules, or where required by law, a list of winners, mail a written request with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope to the address, listed above. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- Compliance with Law. The conduct of the Promotion is governed by the applicable laws of the United States of America, which take precedence over any rule to the contrary herein.
- Promotion Results. Winner List requests will only be available after the Promotion Period end date (listed above). To request the winner list, send a self-address envelope, with applicable U.S. postage affixed, to: Carteret County Tourism Development Authority, Crystal Coast Email Vacation Giveaway, 3409 Arendell Street, Morehead City, NC 28557.