Visiting The Crystal Coast is the ideal vacation – whether it’s just for the weekend or a long getaway, North Carolina’s gem has you covered. With endless activities to do on the water AND land, your vacation could easily turn into a “stay-vacation”.
The Crystal Coast has 85 miles of coastline, which is endless fun for not only you and your family, but your dog(s) too. Don’t feel like leaving the dog(s) at home when you visit The Coast? You shouldn’t have to… BRING THEM WITH YOU! For those of you who may not own your own beach house or rent a condo that allows pets, there are plenty of lodging options that allow pets – awesome news, right!?
Here is a list of accommodations that allow your furry friends to enjoy The Coast just as much as you! It is recommended to call the individual location if you have any specific questions about bringing your pup along for the ride –
- Atlantis Lodge, located in Atlantic Beach
- Pecan Tree Inn, nestled in the beautiful Beaufort
- Islander Hotel and Resort, easily located in Emerald Island
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites on Arendell street in Morehead City
- Parkerton Inn, conveniently located off Highway 58 in Cape Carteret
The lodging options listed above are not the ONLY places that allow pets – this is just to get you started on your search and lend a helping hand! If you are new to the area or want to explore staying somewhere different, you can find more lodging options here.
In addition, several Crystal Coast beaches are pet friendly including the following –
Emerald Isle, Indian Beach and Pine Knoll Shores Beach allow dogs year-round, but they must be leashed at all times.
- Cape Lookout National Seashore allows leashed pets – Cape Lookout is only accessible by boat or ferry. Most ferries accept pets, but it’s best to call ahead!
- Atlantic Beach allows leashed pets, except for the section of beach within 20 feet of the water’s edge in lifeguarded areas.
- Fort Macon State Park also allows leashed pets – they are not allowed in designated swimming areas or in the Park’s buildings.
Remember to follow local beach regulations and always pick up after your pet! Your dog(s) are like family and at the coast, you should feel right at home. Not only does The Crystal Coast have multiple pet-friendly lodging and beach options, many of the communities are equipped to help you and your dog(s) during your stay! Check out the local resources The Crystal Coast has, including several pet clinics and stores.